- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup half-and-half, cream or milk
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola or other good blue cheese
- 1 pound farfalle or other pasta
- 2 cups arugula trimmed of very thick stems, washed, dried and chopped
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, cut in half
- Freshly grated Parmesan to taste, optional
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and salt it. In a small saucepan gently warm the half-and-half and Gorgonzola just until cheese melts a bit and mixture becomes thick; chunky is O.K.
- 2. When water boils, cook pasta until it is just tender but not mushy. Drain and return to pot over low heat.
- 3. Stir in Gorgonzola sauce along with arugula, tomatoes and a healthy dose of black pepper. Stir to combine, taste and add salt, if necessary, then serve immediately, with grated Parmesan if you like